(678) 754-2103 http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcochran257 email@example.com
An older student attempting to change careers using the skills learned in the business world.
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
Bachelor of Arts, English; Minor in Professional Writing and Business Law
Expected May 2018
Cumulative GPA: 3.15
Relevant Courses: Rhetorical Theory, Careers in Writing, Digital Storytelling, Writing in the Workplace, Fiction Writing, Topics in Digital Rhetoric
Dive In, Inc. – Atlanta, GA
Small Pool Maintenance and Repair Company
Responsible for day to day operations of office
- Invoiced pool cleaning and repair sales as necessary
- Reduced billing errors from 87% to 5%
- Reduced customer complaints by 94%
- Received customer payments
- Made collection calls raising collections by 22%
- Maintained technician schedule
U S Micro-Smyrna, GA
Small company selling refurbished computers
Responsible for day to day accounting duties
- Invoiced sales and researched problems
- Entered payables daily and ran checks
- Raised collections by 17%
- Ran bi-monthly payroll
- Reconciled monthly bank statements.
- Paid quarterly sales tax and resolved issues with incorrect filings.
Randstad North America – Atlanta, GA and Wakefield, MA
Second largest world-wide temporary staffing company.
Senior Tax Analyst
- Responsible for the timely filing of all employee tax payments to various city, state and federal agencies.
- Prepared and paid all weekly, monthly, and quarterly tax filings under strict guidelines and deadlines.
- Researched and responded to tax notices, reducing notices by 50%.
- Customer Service
- Deadline Driven